Friday, January 7, 2011

2011 will be the year for...

...I have absolutely no idea.

When I got home from our holiday at Point Lonsdale this week (our first proper family holiday for years) I had a smallish meltdown. And then a cry. Neither of those things sound terribly unusual I suppose, but crying for me isn't a normal thing, and melting down is usually what happens before the holiday, not when it is finished!

I am going back to the job I love on Monday, I am surrounded by people I love, I am in a home I love, and yet (o first world angst, you are my friend) I feel vaguely disconnected from it all. No, not vaguely. Intensely, pointedly and dramatically disconnected.

Yes, I am taking my meds regularly. Yes, I am getting lots of exercise. Yes, I'm eating well. I have no bloody idea what's going on. Perhaps 2011 will be the year for figuring out what the bloody hell is going on. Maybe I need to figure out what I'm going to do when I grow up.

No comments: